To effectively serve our constituency, the Community Foundation has established several objectives which proposals should address, including:
- Provide long-lasting benefits & serve large segments of the community.
- Develop self-reliance and character, or eliminate dependency.
- Expand the capacity of volunteer organizations to serve our community.
- Demonstrate the managerial & financial capabilities of nonprofit organizations.
- Eliminate duplication of services and encourage cooperation.
- Demonstrate the ability of the organizations to combine forces and work cooperatively.
- Provide new or expanded services.
- Leverage funds from other sources.
- Projects that have demonstrated success elsewhere.
- The applying organization or agency must be operated and organized so that it does not discriminate or give preference in the hiring of staff or providing of services on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin or disabilities.
- All public non-profit organizations and public agencies providing services within the Contra Costa County Service Area P-1, Port Costa and Tormey are eligible.
- Projects must be located in and serve the people in the geographic area previously mentioned.
- Applicants must be legally incorporated public non-profit organizations or be fiscally represented by a legally incorporated public non-profit organization.
The current objectives of the Board do not allow for grants for the following purposes:
- Establishing endowments.
- Religious organizations for religious purposes.
- Direct assistance to individuals or businesses.
- Existing obligations, deficits or retroactive funding.
- Routine operating expenses or staff salaries.
- Incurring a debt liability.
- Political parties or organizations.
- Replacing County funding for existing County services and responsibilities.
Responsibilities of Grant Recipients
Each grant recipient is held accountable for using the Foundation grant in compliance with the proposal and any additional terms placed on the grant by the Crockett Community Foundation. In addition, each recipient must:
- Institute adequate controls over project funds to ensure that all funds are properly accounted for.
- Present invoices to the Foundation on request.
- Ensure that the Foundation is kept properly advised of significant factors affecting the successful outcome of the project or program and any significant deviation from the proposed scope, starting date or completion date of the project or program.
- Upon completion of grant expenditures provide the Foundation with a final audit of funds received and expended.
Foundation grant moneys not spent for the purposes intended by the Crockett Community Foundation in making the grant must be returned to the Foundation within 30 days of termination of the proposed project or program.